Well in an attempt to redeem myself from last years catalogue of disasters, as partly outlined in my previous post, I thought I should make an effort with a couple of the said disasters and have an afternoon of unpicking, unraveling and generally making good....a sort of salvage and sew Sunday.
First off was the dreaded Cynthia Rowley dress the Summer Sew Along non-runner which I always seem to moan about....but no more dear reader. This,as it turned out did not take too long to sort out in the end after all.The actual making of the dress,although a bit tricky in places admittedly,worked out alright really and all my seams were beautifully neat and the zip went in perfectly so I was loathe to have to fiddle with it even though it meant it was unwearable as a dress as it was far too roomy around the bust and underarm.Consequently it languished on my Pile of Shame.
I took in an inch at each side seam and tapered it down to the top of the midriff waist section.The right hand seam I unpicked the bodice lining and did it all properly so that it was concealed whereas the left hand side wasn't so simple as the zip was lurking.I decided I was going to make a bigger disaster potentially if I unpicked all the zip and the bodice so I just took it in so that the seam shows on the inside.Not so neat but the zip still looks fairly neat on the outside which is more important really and it is now wearable after all.
When writing my previous post I must admit I had totally forgotten about my most laughable disaster to date...my knitted underwear.Much as a victim of crime can blot out unsavoury memories so I too managed to blot out my woolly teddy.
|Feast your eyes for alas tis no more|
On the whole a satisfying afternoons work.