Sunday, 22 September 2013

Sew Along Time

some of my woolly fabrics just waiting for me to get inspired
This week saw the seasonal turfing out from  under my bed of the many plastic bags in which are stored my thick winter woolly clothes these being replaced by the summer stuff doomed now to spend the next six months in the dusty depths.I also had a clear out and sifted out clothes that either didn't fit because I have spent the summer eating too much,had too many moth holes in too many noticeable places,I just didn't like or had made very badly in the first place and therefore didn't like and have never worn in public.This now means I have a vast hole in my wardrobe as most of my current clothing seems to fall into at least one of these categories.
Fortunately however the 2013 Fall Essential Sew Along starts today hosted by Sarah over at
 Rhinestones and Telephones and I thought it might give me the necessary push to get some replacement items on the go.
I have no idea whatsoever what I am going to make.Just some nice thick warm things that won't make me feel too itchy.That's about as far as my planning has got so far.Having said that though I just have to make some of these.......


.....a pair of sturdy petti-pants like these have just got to keep the draughts out and the frost at bay when bending over in the garden sweeping up all of those thousands of leaves that are going to start dropping one day soon.

Anyway,if you want to join in too hop over to Sarah's blog and read all about it there

                                             

13 comments:

  1. Ooh, look at your lovely pile of wooly goodness! I am looking forward to seeing what you make. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah...hopefully this time I shall manage to contribute something!

      Delete
  2. Those undies look ideal for our damp winters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I just have to make a pair even if it is just for the pure fun of making something so leggy!

      Delete
  3. :D Looks like a lovely bunch of wool fabrics! I especially like the violet one in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alessa...the violet one is a skirt length I was given for my birthday.It is quite scratchy so will need lining but it is a lovely colour.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! I had more in my wool pile than I thought I had.

      Delete
  5. Petti pants! Oh, you have to make them. You have a great stash of fabrics there. I think a cape is in order. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have got to have a pair! I was thinking of some sort of cape/poncho thing in one of the thicker wools.

      Delete
  6. The stack of wool fabrics is so exciting and inspiring. So many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes lots of possibilities...I just have to get motivated!

      Delete
  7. love the plummy colours in your Fall stash, looking forward to the pretty things that you are going to make.

    ReplyDelete