Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Seasons Greetings....

One of my hand painted cards.This is from a tutorial by a wonderful lady called the Frugal Crafter...
I am a devoted acolyte....look her up!
 Well a very belated merry Christmas to everyone and I hope that,if you were celebrating the occasion that is, that you all had a very nice time.I know I did.

Another Frugal crafter tutorial.I liked my snowmen but some definitely looked a bit more evil than others!
 I have been very remiss in not posting anything again for several months and a big thank you to anyone of my followers who have been hanging on and are still following me despite my seeming lack of productivity.Inherent laziness was not entirely to blame because I was without my laptop for several weeks...again!
You guessed it...this is all down to the Frugal Crafter!
This was especially annoying because after eighteen months of my overlocker refusing to work properly I sat down one day issued forth the ultimate of ultimatums (I think it involved an axe)........

Tissue paper parcel toppers.Easy to make and cheap too but looked really nice.Tutorial here.
....... and got it to work!!!Yay there was much rejoicing and gaiety in the house that day.Thankfully for any nearby fatted calves around at the time I am vegetarian.

A lace stole I crocheted for my friend in Debbie Bliss Rialto lace.The colour was supposed to be Citrus but looked more like mushy pea....as she is a Northern lass it seemed to work!
 Unfortunately within 24 hours I dropped my laptop.The house once more returned to a vale of mist and tears.Strangely the overlocker had an aura of smugness about it.


  This meant that I lost all momentum with the Fall Essential Sew Along.I did make a couple of dresses and,believe it or not a suit,but due to one thing or another they were uninspiring in the extreme,not very well made and everything seemed to be brown for some reason which didn't encourage inspiration.To cut a long story short I gave up.

Jumper knitted in King Cole Aran for my son.I think he likes it but have not seen it in action much to verify.
  By the time my laptop was fully resuscitated I was full in the swing of making things for Christmas and obviously this involved secrecy.

First big aran project I have knitted for some time and realised that I had forgotten how much I like knitting cables.
So easy but look quite impressive.
 I must admit that I feel completely all sewn out when it comes to making anymore clothes...I feel like I am just making them for the sake of making them which isn't really what you want.

Jumper for my daughter in a chunky wool by James C. Brett, which was lovely to use,but the pattern by Wendy.
 Anyway I resolved to make everyone a Christmas present this year,which I did for the most part,and I made all my cards,paper tissue present toppers,crackers and even painted all my tags....

Although I have not taken a photo to prove the point I think with these two jumpers I actually cracked how to sew them up neatly .
  ....by the time Christmas Eve dawned I was all christmassed out and feeling particularly Grinch-like.

Yorkshire Puddings!!!! Perhaps not the usual festive fare but who cares...I was cooking so we had them.My favourite with Sherry gravy..
  I didn't take photo's of all of the things I made but here are a few of the ones that didn't get away.

I was a good girl and ate all of my dinner up.
 So a big thank you to anyone who might have been wondering where I was.I have a few things in the pipeline to post about but future posts might be rather sporadic.
New Years resolutions for 2014 might include therefore an attempt to be more creative and less lazy.Watch this space!

It was all too much for someone.
So to finish I would firstly like to thank Sunny on Flickr for sending me such a nice message and prompting me to get off my backside and write this post and secondly just to say.....

A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL AND WISHING YOU              LOTS OF CREATIVE HAPPY TIMES IN 2014!!!!
                                              xxxxxx

23 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you. ;) Beautiful jumpers! You've definitely been busy! Sorry to hear about the laptop! I dropped mine recently, but miraculously it seemed to have survived the fall. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I love the handpainted cards too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna....wishing you happy stitching and knitting times in the coming year!

      Delete
  3. Such a joy to see you here again and see all your beautiful creations. The painting (3-D effects!) and the knitting are incredible!) If this is what happens when you are lazy and lacking in creativity I just don't know what I can use as my excuse anymore.
    I am not at all surprised at the connivery and conspiracy between the laptop and the overlocker, but I understand how infuriating it can be.
    Best wishes to you for a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katrina!
      Hoping you have lots of fun crocheting this year...I will have to send you the link for the cacti!

      Delete
  4. Your knitting is beautiful as always. I've been remiss in my blogging as well, but it hasn't bothered me a bit! Glad to see a post from you, however!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa and happy new year to you too!

      Delete
  5. Catherine, very glad to see you blog again. I'm reading all your past blog entries and thoroughly enjoying them. Hope you find the time to keep us posted on all your craft activities - very inspiring and motivating. Happy New Year Lesley Szetey in Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you Lesley!
      Thank you so much for your kind comment and I wish you lots of "crafty" good times in the coming year!

      Delete
  6. Great to see you blogging again. The knitting looks fantastic and the crochet stole likewise. Those pins must have been moving quickly to do all that before Chrimble! Let's hope your creative juices keep flowing throughout 2014 as I can't wait to see what you will do next!
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started about August because there was a birthday jumper due for October too...just going to have to start even earlier this year and just pace myself!!
      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  7. Here`s to a crafty 2014 - I am sure you are not lazy at all - having the pleasure time to craft is a luxury at time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janine and I wish you a very crafty 2014 too!!

      Delete
  8. Welcome back from your hiatus & Happy New Year!!!
    del

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Del! Wishing you a very happy new year too!

      Delete
  9. Hello Catherine !
    Bonne Année 2014 !
    Hope you'll be luckier with laptops this year !
    I particularly like the stole and your son's jumper : they look terrific and must be so warm. It's one of my regrets to live in a hot and humid country : no need for these beauties !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I am luckier too Karine!
      Thank you for your kind comment and I wish you a very happy new year too!

      Delete
  10. Well done on the tags! And oh my, the gorgeous knits! Your family must have been pleased with them! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsay for your kind comment and for taking the time to stop by again!
      I was really pleased with the way the tags turned out ...thank you for your wonderful tutorial.Like I say I am a devoted acolyte now!!
      Happy New Year to you and your family and I am looking forward to lots of "happy crafting" in 2014!!

      Delete
  11. It looks as though you had a lovely handmade Christmas. The jumpers are gorgeous! Happy New Year to. I hope it brings you many good things :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. And I hope your machines behave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Philippa and Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  13. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years, Catherine! You made many lovely (and varied) things this year (:

    ReplyDelete